The Higher Education Commission HEC has invited applications for the HEC Innovator Seed Fund ISF 2021-22, an initiative aimed at a larger Higher Education Development (HEDP) program in Pakistan to encourage entrepreneurship in the country.
Under ISF 2021-22, 15 promising start-up startups will receive seed funding of up to USD 35,000 from HEC over the next 12 months. In addition, they will receive vocational and legal training at Business Incubation Centers (BICs) at HEC-accredited universities.
ISF will also serve as a platform for startups to connect with investors to help them meet their financial needs during the post-program scale-up phase.
Here’s what you need to know about Innovator Seed Fund (ISF) 2021-22:
To apply for the ISF, an applicant must:
- Either be a student, recent alumni, faculty member, or researcher at any public or private Higher Education Institution.
- Possess endorsement from one of the HEC –recognized BICs.
- Have registered the business with SECP.
- Not have received funding before applying for ISF.
- Be willing to sign a tri-partite agreement with the BIC and the HEC.
ISF grant will be awarded to early-stage startups focusing on the following priority areas:
- Agriculture, Food Resources and Agri Tech
- Banking, Microfinance, and FinTech
- Creative, Digital Media, Arts, and Culture
- Education and EdTech
- E-commerce and Smart Retail
- Emerging Technologies
- Health Care and Health Tech
- Housing, Construction, and Manufacturing
- Sustainable Development, Climate, and Energy
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other sectors that have the potential for growth and impact
How to Apply?
Applicants can submit applications for the ISF 2021-22 at HEC Startup and BIC Support online portal. Applications sent through any other mode will not be entertained and will be rejected.