The Higher Education Commission, Islamabad HEC has announced HEC Overseas Scholarships 2021 for Ph.D. and MS/M. Phil scholarships for the overseas students. HEC MS M Phil PhD Overseas Scholarships 2021 are offered for the top-ranked international universities of the selected countries. HEC overseas scholarships are offered in selected fields whereas HEC MS/M. Phil scholarships 2021 are offered in Engineering Technology. Scholarships will be awarded for the Spring-2022/Fall-2022 session in HEC-identified top-ranked foreign universities of advanced countries.
Applications can be submitted latest by May 30, 2021. Interested candidates can submit the online applications at the HEC website. Appearing in the HEC Aptitude test is also required for the HEC MS M Phil PhD Overseas Scholarships.
HEC Overseas Scholarship for MS and PhD Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK national
- For Ph.D. scholarships, candidates must have a minimum qualification of MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent (18 years) before the closing date.
- For MS/M. Phil scholarships in Engineering Technology, Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen years of education and should be registered with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Maximum one-second division throughout the academic career prior to the final degree.
- A minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in semester system or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree.
- Maximum age on the closing date:
- 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the Public Sector R & D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science & Technology (PCST)
- 35 years for all others
- Must have a minimum of 70% marks in a valid HEC Aptitude Test (HAT). HEC will consider the best HAT score for the last two years for short-listing purposes.
- Must not be availing any other scholarship
HEC-Aptitude Test (HAT):
Education Testing Council (ETC) Pakistan will conduct HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) in 2nd week of June (tentatively). For more information, visit the official website of ETC.
HEC Overseas Scholarship Application Procedure:
- Applicants are required to submit an online application via HEC e-portal (eportal.hec.gov.pk).
Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favor of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad Pakistan through any bank.