Apple recently rolled out iOS 15.1. This new operating system (OS) is the biggest update for iPhones since its release. Several new features have been added to iOS 15 introduced at the WWDC event in June. This includes a new design Safari browser, focus mode and many things including live text. Another new feature called SharePlay has also come in this update.
This feature allows users to stream movies, music, TV and other media while using FaceTime . When a user plays something, playback begins immediately for the entire group at the same time. This feature is only for iPhone models running iOS 15.1. If you want to use this feature then read this article. You can use this feature by following the steps mentioned below.
How to use SharePlay feature of Apple iOS 15.1
- For this, you have to first make a FaceTime call with one or more users.
- After connecting, open any music and video app on your device.
- Let us tell you that at present it only supports Apple Music and Apple TV app. However, this feature of the company will soon support other third party apps like Disney+, Twitch, HBO max etc. Also, keep in mind that all the people involved in the call must have a subscription to them.
- On playing anything, the people involved in the call will have the option to accept and reject the SharePlay request.
- Playing any video and audio will automatically add to the call and share it with other people.
- You can tap on the Call Bar option at the top to share the screen.
- To end SharePlay, you have to click on the icon at the top left side of the device. Then click on SharePlay icon and click on End Share Play.
The process is the same for both iPhones and iPads.