Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) has announced MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships for international / Pakistani students who wish to study at Japanese universities under the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Program. The MEXT Scholarship is available for almost all disciplines including MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Engineering, Sciences, Arts, Computer Science and Business Administration.
MEXT offers 9,500 scholarships annually to international students, including Pakistani students. The MEXT Scholarship is the largest scholarship program of the Japanese government. The Japanese government will cover all expenses during the scholarship period. Students can apply for any program at any Japanese university. MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships are open to all disciplines and universities. Knowledge of Japanese language and IELTS / TOEFL is not required for MEXT Japan Scholarship.
The deadline to submit documents for the Japanese MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship is May 31, 2022. The application can be submitted to the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan.
MEXT Japan Scholarship covers:
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month.
- A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan
Fields of Studies offered under MEXT Undergraduate scholarship
- MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Hygiene, Nursing
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries
Engineering & Technology
- Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology
- Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language, Economics, Business Administration
Document required for MEXT Undergraduate scholarship
The following documents (in the given order) should be submitted before the deadline:
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Secondary School: (Matric/O Levels, Attested copy)
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Higher Secondary School: (Intermediate/A Levels, Attested copy)
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from the current educational institution (if applicable)
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2020)
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- The application should be unstapled and printed on A4 size paper.
- Certificates & documents, other than those mentioned above, will not be considered.
- Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Japanese Undergraduate Scholarship
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2021 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2021.)
- Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan.
- Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2022 are eligible.)
- Applicants who have successfully passed an academic qualification examination that is equivalent to the completion of 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese
A grantee who studies at a preparatory educational institution prior to enroll in a university: The scholarship period will last for five years, including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. For scholarship grantees majoring in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, or a six-year course in pharmacy, the scholarship period will be seven years.