National Bank of Pakistan NBP has announced to provide the NBP education loans under the student loan scheme to those who cannot afford their higher education. The NBP Student Loan Scheme is for those studying undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD. Achieved at least 70% marks in program and previous exam. Students from public sector institutions can apply for National Bank Student Loan Scheme 2022. The NBP Loan Scheme provides interest free loans to students.
Applications will be considered according to merit and availability of funds. Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered. The last date to apply for NBP loan scheme is July 29, 2022. Students who do not meet the basic eligibility criteria are requested not to apply, their applications for the loan scheme will not be considered.
NBP Student Loan Scheme 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Under the scheme the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
- He/She has obtained admission on merit through normal course/procedure in the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned hereunder.
- He/She falls at the time of admission within the age bracket of:-
- For Graduation Not exceeding 21 Years
- For Post-Graduation Not exceeding 31 Years
- For Ph.D. Not exceeding 36 Years
- He/She has secured 70% marks in the last public examination.
- He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below
- He/She is unable to pursue studies due to financial constraints.
The borrower shall repay the loan in monthly installments after six months from the date of first employment or one year from the date of completion of studies, which ever is earlier.
NBP Student Loan Scheme Application form
The application form can be downloaded from NBP website by clicking here.
NBP Loan Scheme Application Form will not be entertained if the same is not properly & duly filled in and found missing therewith the following documents.
- Two Photographs of Student attested by not below the rank of BPS-17.
- Attested photocopies of Fee Challan raised/demanded by the Educational Institution and Boarding expenses (excluding meal charges).
- Income certificate from the employer i.e. Government/ semi Government/ Private service
- Income Certificate from the area counselor of the Union Counsel i.e. for self-employed
- Attested photocopies of: –
- Computerized N.I.C of Parents and Students.
- Attested photocopies of all educational certificates
- Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Marks Sheet/Transcript (Last Examination)
- A certificate (in original) from the Vice-Chancellor/ Principal/Registrar of the concerned University Letter Head confirming date of admission and completion date of study
- Four un-stamped self-addressed envelope (Permanent & Hostel Address) (size 5 X 11).
- The application shall be considered on merit according to the availability of funds. Any application which is not made on the prescribed form or is un-signed or does not contain the Required particulars and documents or reaches late will not be entertained.
- Current and remaining Year fees must be mentioned in columns No. 5 & 6 to avoid any wrong calculation of fees.
Approved Subjects for NBP Loan Scheme
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences