Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority PNRA offers PNRA fellowship for the Nuclear Engineering program at PIEAS. A monthly 35,000/- rupees stipend will be offered to the selected candidates besides free tuition and other facilities. The last date to submit an application for the PNRA fellowship for the MS Nuclear Engineering program is June 25, 2021.
After successful completion of MS from PIEAS, fellows will be placed as Assistant Engineers/Scientific Officers (SPS·8) in PNRA with three advance increments and will become eligible for promotion consideration to the next scale (SPS-9) after two years of service.
Written tests for the selection of candidates will be conducted by PIEAS in major cities of Pakistan.
PNRA Fellowship/Scholarship for Nuclear Engineering Covers:
- Fellowships will be offered to candidates selected through tests and interviews only on merit.
- Fellowships include a stipend of Rs.35,000/- per month besides a full tuition fee waiver & indoor medical facility for self.
- The duration of the Fellowship is 2 years.
- Fellows will have to execute a bond to serve PNRA for five years after completion of MS from PIEAS.
- After successful completion of MS from PIEAS, fellows will be placed as Assistant Engineers (SPS-8) in PNRA with three advance increments and will become eligible for promotion consideration to next scale (SPS-9) after two years of service.
Eligibility Criteria for MS Nuclear Engineering Fellowship
- BSc Engineering in Mechanical
- BE/BSc Engineering in Metallurgy
- All Pakistani Nationals are eligible with the required qualifications.
- Preferably a first-class academic career, however, one-second division (not less than 50% marks) is allowed, except in the final degree. In the case of the semester system, a CCPA 2.5 out of 4 or 60% marks in the annual system in the final degree is required.
- Degrees must be recognized by HEC/PEC.
- Candidates expecting completion of their degree requirements by the end of 2021 may also apply.
- The age limit for the fellowship program is 27 years as on June 25, 2021.
How to Apply for PNRA Nuclear Engineering Fellowship/Scholarship at PIEAS?
- Application forms are available at the PNRA website
- Application processing fee of Rs.3,500/- must be deposited in PNRA online bank account No. 0854003147171378 (Title of Account: NISAS), National Bank of Pakistan, F-6 Super Market Branch, Islamabad.
- Candidates are required to forward the original bank receipt along with a passport size photograph to Sr. Establishment Officer-II, PNRA at the address given below. Name, CNIC & Online Generated Roll No. should be written on the backside of the bank receipt. Photocopy of the bank receipt is not acceptable.