For the MCQ-based Preliminary Test (MPT) for the Competitive Examination 2023, the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) has made announcements regarding registration, the test date, and the FPSC CSS MPT test schedule (CSS 2023).
Since its implementation in 2022, the MPT has been a requirement for applicants to be eligible to sit for the Central Superior Service’s (CSS) written competitive examinations for positions in the federal government’s BS-17 occupational groups/services.
These are the 12 occupational services that candidates can join after passing the CSS exams:
- Pakistan Customs Service (PCS)
- Commerce and Trade Group (CTG)
- Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP)
- Inland Revenue Service (IRS)
- Information Group (IG)
- Military Lands & Cantonment (MLC)
- Office Management Group (OMG)
- Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS)
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service (PAAS)
- Police Service of Pakistan (PSP)
- Postal Group (PG)
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group (RCTG)
- Males and females, including differently-abled persons, with a minimum of a second division Bachelor’s degree, can take the MPT and the CSS.
- Age limit: 21 to 30 years.
The upper age limit can be relaxed by two years for the categories mentioned in rule six of CSS Competitive Examination Rules-2019 and onwards after the completion of the documentary requirements.
Additionally, the cutoff date for a candidate’s eligibility regarding age, qualification, domicile, etc., is 31 December 2022.
MPT Total and Passing Marks
The total marks as announced by the FPSC are 200, while the passing marks are 66. Also, there is no negative marking for the MPT.
The FPSC will conduct the MPT at multiple centers in different districts across the country.
|Abbottabad||Bahawalpur||Dera Ghazi (DG) Khan||D.I (Dera Ismail) Khan||Faisalabad|
How to Apply?
CSS candidates must visit the FPSC’s website to apply for the MPT CSS 2023 between 8 and 22 August.
After successfully submitting the application and fee, they will be able to download an admission certificate from the website.