The University invites applications for admission in full-time Ph.D. programs as per admission criteria given by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) on its website http://www.hec.gov.pk. UET faculties offering Ph.D. Admission in 2017 are listed below:
Faculty of Architecture & Planning
• Ph.D. Architecture
Faculty of Earth Sciences and Engineering
• Ph.D. Mining Engineering • Ph.D. City & Regional Planning
Faculty of Electrical Engineering Faculty of Chemical Engineering
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering • Ph.D. Chemical Engineering
• Ph.D. Computer Science Ph.D. Metallurgical & Materials
• Ph.D. Computer Engineering Engineering • Ph.D. Polymer and Process
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Engineering
• Ph.D. Engineering Management Faculty of Civil Engineering
Ph.D. Manufacturing Engineering Ph.D. Civil Engineering
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. Mechatronics & Control Ph.D. Environmental Engineering
Engineering Ph.D. Transportation Engineering Faculty of Civil Engineering (Cont’d) Faculty of Natural Sciences, Humanities
and Islamic Studies • Ph.D. Architectural Engineering
Ph.D. Islamic Studies • Ph.D. Engineering Hydrology
• Ph.D. Chemistry Ph.D. Water Resources Engineering • Ph.D. Mathematics • Ph.D. Water Resources Mgmt.
1. Candidates must have earned a Masters/ M.Sc./ M.Phil or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline in first division or with a CGPA of 3.0 out of a maximum of 4.0 (in case, applicant’s transcript shows percentage as well as CGPA, CGPA would be considered for eligibility. CGPAs on a scale other than 4.00 would be translated accordingly).
2. The University requires that the candidates mst have a NTS GAT (Subject) test score of at least 60 in their respective disciplines, valid on the last date of filling application. Ph.D. Admission Test will be conducted by the University in disciplines for which NTS does not offer a GAT (Subject) test and the qualifying score in that test would be at least 70%. ADMISSION TEST 1. The GAT (Subject) Test offered by National Testing Service (NTS) is scheduled on Sunday 14th
May 2017 in various disciplines.
3. For the disciplines not included in the NTS list, UET shall arrange a GAT (Subject) on Sunday 14th May 2017 in the Seminar Hall of Department of Chemical Engineering, at 10:00 a.m. The admit card for test in said disciplines will be issued by the respective department on receiving the admission application.
The application for admission shall be filled online, available from 18th April 2017. by logging on to http://admission.uet.edu.pk. The printout of the filled application form with the paid bank challan (printed with the application) and required documents shall be submitted to the respective department on or before 10th May 2017 during working days (Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
Note: Applications submitted via Post/Courier will NOT be accepted.
CONVENER ADMISSION COMMITTEE (IPL-3731) Ph.# 042-99029216, 99029452, 99029470 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org