University of Management and Technology UMT Lahore offers Dr. Hassan Sohaib Murad Fellowship for Ph.D. students at UMT. Dr. Hassan Sohaib Murad was the founder of UMT and this fellowship is offered to honor his contributions in the field of higher education in Pakistan. The UMT Lahore Fellowship Program 2021 will be offered for a period of 3 to 4 years in specific areas of specialization.
The selected candidate will receive a monthly stipend of PKR: 35000/- for a period of three years. Additionally, no tuition fee will be charged. The objective is to support the education and grooming of outstanding young scholars, who would excel in high-quality research and its publication in the most reputed journals of the subject.
PhD Programs Offered
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Clinical Psychology
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Food Technology
- PhD Management
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Textile
Eligibility Criteria for Dr Hassan Sohaib Murad Fellowship
- MS / M Phil (18 years of education)
- Less than or equal to 30 years on 15th of October of the year of admission
- GRE general with HEC’s minimum passing criteria
- The candidates for the Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. Fellowship shall be required to submit a comprehensive research proposal for their Ph.D. research plans.
Terms and Conditions for Continuation of Dr Hassan Sohaib Murad Fellowship
- Selected candidate shall complete Ph.D. Course in the first year
- Maintain a minimum of 3.5 CGPA during coursework
- Must pass the Ph.D. Comprehensive Exam within a period of 1.5 years.
- A recipient of the Ph.D. fellowship shall not be eligible for extended leave during the regular semesters.