University of Baltistan Skardu UOBS has announced to award foreign MS and PhD Scholarships for Pakistani nationals under Faculty Development program. The selection of the candidates will be made purely on merit considering their academic achievements and their aggregate marks in HEC HAT test. The University of Baltistan MS PhD Foreign Scholarships 2021 awardee will be required to serve University of Baltistan, Skardu (UOBS) as a faculty member for the period of minimum 5-years after the completion of their MS and Ph.D. degrees. Last date for the receipt of applications for Baltistan University MS PhD Scholarships 2021 is September 30, 2021.
Candidates will have to seek admission in top 350 foreign universities of the world (QS ranking) by fulfilling admission requirements of host university. The applicants are required to indicate the disciplines of the UOBS MS PhD Scholarship program on the envelope. Only short listed candidates will be called for test / interviews.
Foreign MS and PhD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani / AJK Nationals only
- Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degrees and with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the MS scholarships.
- Must have minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS / MPhil / Equivalent degree (18-years education) with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the Ph.D. scholarships.
- Maximum age at the closing date for MS scholarships 35 years for candidates working in Government Organizations 30 years for fresh candidates.
- Maximum age at the closing date of advertisement for Ph.D. scholarships 40 years for candidates working in Government Organizations 35 years for fresh candidates.
- The candidates must have acquired requisite qualification before the closing date of application.
- The candidates must obtain minimum 50 marks in HEC aptitude test (HAT).
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarships are not eligible to apply. i) The candidates shall be required to follow all the codal formalities as per HEC FDP guidelines / regulations before leaving for higher studies abroad.
How to Apply for Foreign MS and PhD Scholarships
The candidates are required to submit application on the prescribed form available at the University website or from the Registrar’s office. The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form:
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Attested copy of domicile certificate.
- Attested copy of CNIC (National ID card). d) A detailed CV/resume.
- Two recent passport size photographs. 0 Pay order / bank demand draft worth Rs.1000/- (non-refundable) in favor of University of Baltistan, Skardu as a processing fee. Candidates who are already serving in Government/ Semi-Govemment / Autonomous organizations should apply through proper channel having NOC from the current employer.
All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of open merit. Candidates must have a final degree in the relevant field of the advertising slot. The HEC will conduct the Aptitude Test (HAT) and the HEC will conduct it for eligible candidates. Candidates will be allowed to get admission only in international universities / countries with which HEC has signed MoUs / Agreements. Following the provisional selection, the final scholarship grant will be subject to confirmation of the candidate’s admission to the foreign university and completion of the codal formalities (ie contract, etc.) in accordance with the HEC guidelines. Awardees must issue a bond to serve at UOBS for a period of at least five years upon successful completion of their MS and PhD. Degrees In any case, no application from Baltistan University to transfer service status / job to another institution during the bond period will be accepted. UEBS reserves the right to select or reject applications based on the selection criteria approved by the HSC Scholarship Management Committee (HSMC). In the event of an error / misrepresentation, UoBS reserves the right to reject the application at any stage.